1. Calculate the same store sales change given the following information:
TY Sales = $5,000
LY Sales = $4,900
2. Calculate average price given the following information (round to the nearest penny):
Units sold = 2,000
Sales $ = $5,000
3. If a product’s initial retail price is $2.25, and its unit cost is $1.00, what is the initial margin?
4. If a product’s initial margin is 25% and its price is $40, what is the product’s cost? (round to the nearest penny.)
5. A product category had sales of $500,000 and markdowns of $100,000. What was the category’s markdown percent?
6. A product category had retail inventory turns of 7.0 and sales of $1,450,000. What was the category’s average inventory level in dollars? (round to the nearest penny.)
7. Calculate GMROI based on the following numbers:
Annual profit = $300,000
Average inventory at cost = $75,000
8. If a product has sales of $365,000 and an average retail inventory of $24,500, what is that product’s retail turn?
Note that a printable version is available HERE.
Also the answer key can be viewed HERE.